We believe music is in every child
and for every child.

Greenville Youth Chorale (GYC) is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit choral arts organization based in Greenville, S.C. with the mission to develop and inspire young singers through excellent choral performance and instruction. Each season, GYC serves nearly 150 singers in grades K5-12th through its 4 ensembles and summer camp.

This 2022-2023 season, in addition to regular winter and spring concerts, GYC is performing for the opening night of the Swamp Rabbits hockey season, with the International Ballet and the Greenville Symphony Orchestra in the December 2022 production of The Nutcracker at the Peace Center, and in February, again, with the Greenville Symphony Orchestra on their Masterworks Series.

Our 2023 “Summer on Stage” music camp and music video project is scheduled for July 18-21 in downtown Greenville. This year, singers are joined by guest Broadway artists, Pat Dunn and Siri Howard, with credits from “Les Miserables,” “Sound of Music,” “Phantom,” and more. Visit GYC’s FB page for registration and information or email Dr. Steven Brundage, GYC Executive Director, at [email protected]

Our Choirs

First Impressions Choir is a preparatory choir for children in K5-1st grades. First Impressions rehearses each Thursday evening in downtown Greenville at First Presbyterian Church. Singers develop melodic, rhythmic, and vocal skills through singing, musical games, and movement activities. 

Apprentice Choir is an auditioned choir for children in 2nd-4th grades, led by award-winning music educator, Katelyn Ohler. Singers work to develop choral disciplines of focus, listening, and vocal technique while rehearsing each Thursday in downtown Greenville at First Presbyterian Church.

Concert Choir is an auditioned choir for singers in 5th-7th grades led by award-winning composer and conductor, Jon Reid. Concert Choir rehearses in downtown Greenville at First Presbyterian Church each Thursday evening. Concert Choir sings in multiple languages and works to develop mature artistry and vocal technique.

Chamber Singers is an auditioned choir for singers in 8th-12th grades, including changed voices, led by GYC Artistic Director, Laura Cook Brundage. Chamber Singers rehearse in downtown Greenville at First Presbyterian Church each Thursday evening and work to develop mature choral disciplines, artistry, and vocal technique.

Singers may apply year-round, and auditions are held every August, September, and January. For more information about rehearsal times, locations, and tuition, please submit an application for your singer.

Subscribe

Sign up to our newsletter to receive weekly updates about upcoming news and events.

Give

We believe music is in every child and for every child. Established in 2019, GYC is a 501 (c)(3) choral arts organization that supports nearly 150 singers every season through its choirs and programs. We are fortunate to earn 74% of our budget. The remaining 26% is funded through generous donations and gifts from individuals, businesses, grants, and foundations. 

Spread the word:

Newsletter Signup